|June 2||High School & College Graduate Recognition
|To add yourself or your child to the list, please email Harriet|
|June 3||Crafts for a Cause
|See below for more.|
|June 9||Martha’s Table Snack Making Sunday|
|June 11||Book Chat
|Dinner, fellowship and 2019-20 planning|
|June 15||Choir Concert
|Small Blue Marble is the theme; admission is free. See below.|
|June 16||Church Picnic
|Bring a side dish or salad to share.|
|June 17||Crafts for a Cause
|See below for more.|
|June 30||Celtic Service
|July 25– Aug 2||Mission trip to Honduras’ Heart to Heart||Contact Keith Lee to get involved|
|Aug. 5-9||Vacation Bible School||Register/Volunteer at http://umtrinity.org/education/vbs|
Crafts for a Cause
Crafts for a Cause meets twice a month on Monday nights from 7 to 8:30 in Room 124 to make comfort items for hospital patients. No crafty skills required. Upcoming dates: June 3, June 17.
Here’s a roundup of what’s been delivered recently by Crafts for a Cause:
- 31 blankets made by Trinity members were delivered to the Linus Project, which is partnering with TAPS to provide 1,000 blankets at Camp Good Grief for children who’ve lost a parent to combat or PTSD. Thanks to everyone who helped!
- To Fair Oaks Hospital, we delivered 80 baby caps, 20 neck pillows, two lap blankets, 9 NICU beds, and 7 surgery dolls.
- To Christ House, we sent 20 knit caps for residents.
- We made 25 pillowcases for hospital patients at Children’s Hospital in Richmond.
- Chris Moore and our volunteers have prepared 50 dresses for needy girls in Honduras, another brainchild of the young women at The Leadership Center.
Thanks to one and all for putting your hands to work so that others might be blessed! For more information on Crafts, contact Molly Sprouse.
Graduate Sunday: June 2
This prayer is an ancient Irish prayer modified to bless our graduates.
May The Road Rise Up To Meet You
As you graduate, may the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields
and during your journey,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand. Amen.
Trinity’s Music Ministry will present its annual concert on Saturday, June 15, at 7 p.m. in the Sanctuary. Soloists Emily Casey, Philip Keirstead, Catherine Wethington, Nadine Wethington, and Joey Wilson will be joined by the Chancel Choir and Trinity Ringers, all accompanied by Music Director Jerry Rich. The theme is “Small Blue Marble”, a nickname for our planet Earth after it was first photographed from space in 1972; musical selections from six continents will include Tan Dun’s Staccato Beans, a trio from Verdi’s Il Corsaro, A Whole New World from Aladdin, This Is My Father’s World, You Are the New Day, Croisez’s Three Tyrolians for piano trio, Phil the Fluter’s Ball, Vaughan Williams’ The Vagabond from Songs of Travel, Largo from Dvořak’s New World Symphony, Remember Me from Coco, Grainger’s Country Gardens, Ah! Non Giunge from Bellini’s La Sonnambula, He’s Got the Whole World in His Hands, selections from Vivaldi’s Four Seasons, and Narverud’s Sisi Ni Moja. Admission is free.