Hello to all the kids of Trinity Church! I hope you had a great Christmas and enjoyed spending some time with your family and friends. A lot of people travel to see relatives in another city or state. We visit my grandparents in Falls Church for Christmas. (My grandfather always gives me treats under the table. Turkey and ham. Yum!)
Have you heard about people making New Year’s resolutions? That’s just a fancy way of saying you are making a promise with yourself. Sometimes people make resolutions to exercise. (I recommend finding a dog to take for a walk.) Have you made a New Year’s resolution before? I have some ideas that might be cool to try.
- Make a resolution to read more. Why not spend a half hour every day reading something for fun? Ask your parents or grandparents to take you to the library to find cool books.
- Look for ways every day to do at least one nice thing for someone. It can be as simple as holding a door for someone or setting the table before a meal.
- Make a resolution to clean out your old toys and clothes, and then donate them. Share is a great place to donate things that are still in good condition. They help families who live in our community. The church office can give you more details.
- Memorize a different verse from the Bible each week. If you need some help finding verses to memorize, just let me know. I can send your family a list of great verses.
- Pray! Prayer is just another way of saying talking with God. That’s right. God wants you to talk about what makes you happy, sad, concerned, or even what makes you laugh! It doesn’t take a lot of time and God really wants to hear from you.
I hope your family will also make a resolution to come to see your church family at Trinity. When you come to church, you get to hear even more about God’s love.
Do you have any questions for me? Just send them to me at bit.ly/AskDuke.
Remember my motto: Paws for Jesus!