Happy New Year to all the kids of Trinity Church. It’s your friend, Henny. Can you believe it is 2019? Time flies when you’re busy playing fetch, snacking on Milk Bones and taking naps. But, that’s just me. Maybe you are celebrating the New Year with your own tradition.
Do you have a Bible? If you do, reading the Bible more often would be a good way to start 2019. Have you heard of a New Year’s resolution? It’s when you decide to start doing something (like reading the Bible, exercising or eating healthier foods) on January first.
Here are some fun things for you to know about the Bible and some you can look up.
- More than 100,000,000 Bibles are printed every year.
- The longest word in the Bible is Mahershalalhashbaz, found in Isaiah 8:3. That’s the super-long name of Isaiah’s son.
- The longest book in the Bible is Psalm 119, with 176 verses.
- The shortest book in the Bible is Psalm 117, with just 2 verses.
- The shortest verse in the Bible is John 11:35. “Jesus wept.” That’s really short!
- The last word in the Bible is Amen.
Have fun looking up more Bible fun facts!
Let me know if you have any questions for me. Just send them to http://bit.ly/AskHenny.
Remember my motto: Paws for Jesus!