Thank you for your support of The Leadership Center! We’ve just past the half-way point of 2018, and there are some really exciting thing happening at TLC.
- Our newest cohort started in April of this year, and we currently have 17 students who are working hard at learning English. They are a true joy to be around, and they are having lots of fun while they learn (see photo).
- We are wrapping up our new athletic facility, which will be used for exercise classes, indoor soccer, basketball, and volleyball. I’ve attached a photo so that you can see how beautiful it is! Thanks to all the individuals, families, and churches who made this a possibility!
- We have launched a couple of new businesses this year and they are already having great success. Both TLC graduates have already paid their investment off completely and continue to work on growing their business. Additionally, we have had a few other businesses make some great progress toward completely paying off the initial investment.
- We currently have a few students out on internships (see photo of Odalys teaching a science class). It has been so much fun to see how far our curriculum and programming has come over the past few years. Receiving accreditation from the government has been very exciting, and it helps our graduates to know their work and efforts are recognized.
- We continue to make some great progress on our sustainability efforts. We have 7 cows for milk, approximately 125 chickens for eggs and meat, 5 pigs for meat, and we grow our own beans, corn, and vegetables. It has been fun to see the efforts of our students and Honduran employees pay off!
Without your support, we would not be able to do what we do at The Leadership Center. We are grateful for you, and we hope you feel that your contributions are making a real impact on the lives of young Honduran women. Those of us who live on campus see those impacts every day. So from all of us at Leadership Mission International and The Leadership Center, thank you for your generosity and support!