By James C. Sprouse, Senior Pastor
January through December of 2018, Trinity has a date with destiny. The members of Trinity Church will have the once in a lifetime opportunity to influence the desires and direction of the church for the next 10 -20 years. Your staff and church leaders invite you to join us and others from the District Next Level Innovation Team as we begin living into our NLI goals which will assist our discovering the joy and power of purpose driven mission and ministry. During the first quarter of 2018 you’ll be invited to join one of our four NLI teams. Check out the four teams below. Which one is calling your name? Let us know.
Vision for Trinity
- What is our church’s vision? Join the Vision team to help Trinity create and organize around our vision.
- This team will read Canoeing the Mountains, by Tod Bolinger.
- Team Vision will inspire and orient the other three teams to fulfill Trinity vision.
Abundance through Generosity
- Join Team A & G that’s created around gifts and skills to make our vision possible.
- Team A & G will create a Capital Campaign team engaging people of all ages to go deeper into service and commitment.
- Team A & G will coordinate with the Stewardship team helping Trinity develop a deeper spiritual understanding of a life of generosity.
Hospitality for the Next Generation
- Blessed by diversity, join Trinity’s Hospitality team to reach the people of Northern VA.
- Team Hospitality needs persons who have the gift of hospitality, networking, and connection-building.
- This team will read together: Beyond the First Visit, by Farr and Kotan.
- Organize a hospitality training even for all the people of Trinity.
- Team Hospitality will address our need for user-friendly signage.
- Join Team Discipleship to help Trinity member gain a deeper relationship with Christ.
- The team will develop a Sermon Series for Lent of 2018.
- Join a small group created by Discipleship team for studying scripture, creating fellowship time together, eating and praying together.
- Team Discipleship will live like Christ in the world.
Between 50 and 60 years ago Trinity’s faithful and visionary leadership influenced the then present and future needs of the people of McLean by building a new sanctuary. In order for us to be faithful in our time and place you and I need to improve our sanctuary’s physical appearance, and expand and enhance our ministry and outreach programs.
I deeply believe that you and I are being challenged and charged by God to continue Trinity’s long-standing tradition of responding to God’s call to contemporary vision and mission. God is definitely reaching more and more souls in McLean by growing Trinity Church, spiritually and physically. The enhancements and additions to our present church will improve and make more effective Trinity’s local and global outreach; build upon our valued diversity in Christ’s body; sustain and strengthen us through the life of prayer; encourage us to become more faithful stewards of God’s resources; and educate and equip us for the ongoing ministry of Jesus Christ through social justice.
Please join me, Eileen, Keith, Jerry and Catherine, and all Trinity’s leadership and members, and the terrific leaders of our NLI teams for our date with destiny over the next twelve months. Together, with God, we’ve got lots of wonderful work to do.