Dr. Catherine Wethington is Trinity’s new Director of Children’s and Youth Choirs; you will already know her from her five years as Trinity’s soprano section leader and 8:30 a.m. song leader. Catherine received her B.M. in Voice from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor; she earned her M.M. and D.M.A. degrees from The Catholic University of America.
Dr. Wethington has had extensive experience with music, children and church; she appears frequently in principal roles with area opera productions, she has taught chorus and private voice at the Potomac School for the past four years, and she has sung for church services, weddings, and funerals since she was in high school. She will be the music instructor for this month’s Vacation Bible School at Trinity. In addition to her music background and teaching experience, she will bring energy, enthusiasm and a desire to assist our young singers on their faith journeys.
If you’d like to talk with Catherine about our Children’s Choir, you can see her after the 8:30 or 10:30 services. If you have a child who wishes to join our Choir, please email Catherine or simply bring your child to the Wednesday 6 p.m. dinner and practice in Langley Hall when rehearsals resume in September.
Ten Reasons to Join a Trinity Choir
by Jerry Rich
- You’ll serve God through musical prayer and help others praise God through hymns.
- You’ll stimulate your intellect by engaging both sides of the brain.
- You’ll have a creative and enjoyable way to express emotions through music.
- You’ll belong, feel wanted and be a part of something positive.
- You’ll gain self-confidence through teamwork.
- You’ll improve your music skills while enjoying both traditional and contemporary styles.
- You’ll create an extended family and find new friends (42 million Americans are in choirs).
- You’ll be in good company: actors (Anne Hathaway, Brad Pitt), singers (Beyoncé, Kristin Chenoweth), athletes (Troy Aikman, Andy Pettitte) and presidents (George H.W. Bush, Barack Obama) all participated in choirs.
- You’ll have the congregation looking up to you—literally.
- You’ll be invited to our choir parties!
Beginning September 8
Trinity Ringers at 6:30 p.m.
Chancel Choir at 7:30 p.m.
Beginning September 21
Children’s Choir at 6:30 p.m. (dinner at 6 p.m.)
Youth Choir at 6 p.m. (dinner at 6:30 p.m.)