WHEN: Saturday, September 6, 2014
TIME: 4-6:30 p.m.
WHERE: Trinity UMC
WHO: All ages
WHAT: Education opportunities, Dinner*, Moon Bounces
Children: Meet your Sunday School teacher and your classmates this year!
Adults: Do you feel like you don’t know enough about God, church, etc.? Come explore the educational opportunities awaiting you!
Tour our Christian Education offerings for all ages. And join us for a small worship service to preview Children’s Worship before we gather for dinner and fun on the moon bounces!
*Dinner will be provided by the Youth Group as a fundraiser. Please bring a donation to support their ministry.
What’s New in Education?
by Amy Crisp, Minister of Education
We are excited to announce new, expanded education offerings for all ages beginning September 7! All are invited to attend and participate as we continue to form disciples for the transformation of the world.
Sundays, 9:30 – 10:15 a.m.
- Children’s Sunday School – Same great Spark curriculum, new time! Children (ages 3 through 6th grade) will come together to learn the basic stories of our faith and how these stories impact our lives today. Classrooms in the Fellowship Building.
- Youth Sunday School – For 7th through 12th graders. Ever wonder what the Bible has to do with your life? Join us as we explore the ways that Scripture is still relevant for our lives. Youth Room (Room 124, Sanctuary Building). Led by Rev. Gilmer and Catherine Wethington.
- reTHINK: The Disciples – We often think of the disciples as larger-than-life icons of the faith. But in truth they were ordinary men who struggled with their brokenness, much as we do. The Disciples examines the lives of six men whom God used in powerful ways—and how he brings that same transformative power to us today. Room 103 (Sanctuary Building). Led by Rev. Amy Crisp.
- New Testament Figures – Join us as we explore some of early Christianity’s figures, learning about their lives and the legends that have endured about them in the Church. Library (Sanctuary Building). Led by Rev. James Sprouse.
- Connections – This class will begin with a parenting series on the book Parenting with Love and Logic: Teaching Children Responsibility by Foster Cline, MD, and Jim Fay. All are welcome to attend; advance preparation is not required. Room 205 (Sanctuary Building). Led by Andy and Karen Briscoe.
Sundays, 10:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Children’s Worship – Children (ages 4 through 4th grade) will have life-changing encounters with God each week through amazing music, unforgettable Bible adventures and powerful prayer experiences. During our 10:30 a.m. worship service, the children will be dismissed to attend this awesome worship service just for them!
Mondays, 10 – 11 a.m. and Wednesdays, 7 – 8 p.m.
- New Testament Figures – Rev. Sprouse’s Sunday morning class will also be held on Monday mornings and Wednesday evenings..
We would love to see you on Sunday (and during the week)! If you are interested in helping with any of these programs, let me know!